Terms And Conditions
Private Lesson Terms And Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY.
By joining the Sound Centre School Of Music you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below.
1. PAYMENT – Payment for the entire term is due prior to the commencement of that term. If fees are not paid on the due date, a $35.00 administration fee is applicable. If you are a late evening student, please phone, email us or visit us during our business hours to pay your fees, or simply pay the invoice online via EFT. Credits, refunds and payment plans can only be authorised by the School Administrators.
2. ABSENTEES & CANCELLATIONS – Cancellations outside 24 hours: Cancellation of a lesson means a forfeiture of that lesson unless a cancellation has been made outside of 24 hours of the beginning of that lesson commencing. In the event of a cancellation outside of 24hours a make-up credit will be issued for a make up lesson. Please note that make-up lessons are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. Please note that you may only ever hold a maximum of 2 make-up lessons during a term and that all held make up credits expire after a period of 3 months from the issue of cancellation. Please speak to a School co-ordinator if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Cancellations can be made by calling the School co-ordinator of your school, via email or through the online student portal.
Cancellations inside 24 hours from lesson commencing: Any cancellation inside of 24 hours of a lesson commencing will mean a forfeiture of that lesson and no make-up lesson will be issued. Please note that the reason for cancellation is irrespective for a cancellation to occur, be it illness, lateness, or any other event outside your control. Any cancellation made inside 24 hours from the beginning of a lesson will not be given a make up lesson under any circumstances.
Teacher Cancellation: If a teacher has to cancel your lesson you will receive notice from us immediately as soon as we are advised by the teacher. We will speak with you directly to arrange a make-up lesson or relief teacher. Make-up lesson for lessons resulting from a teacher cancellation expire after one year.
3. RELIEF – We reserve the right to provide a relief teacher if your usual teacher is unavailable. Please be aware that teachers move on and a permanent teacher change is also a possibility. We will let you know immediately if there are any changes.
4. ENROLMENT – In an effort to promote consistency and musical progress we will automatically assume that you are continuing with your lessons indefinitely. We will send you an invoice for the next term approximately four weeks prior to the beginning of term. The receipt of this invoice offers you first choice to retain your current teacher and time. To take up this offer all you need to do is pay your invoice by the due date (14 days from receipt of invoice). If you do not intend to continue your lessons, please advise us as soon as possible so we can free up this time for many students on our waiting list. Please discuss any potential difficulties with the administration staff. Students who do not pay their invoice within the given timeframe for next term are presumed to be discontinuing lessons and will be replaced by students on our waiting list.
5. CORRESPONDENCE – Our main form of communication is via My Music Staff. We release newsletters, enrolment forms and various other important info sheets that may require your attention. We ask you to confirm your email and phone numbers are up to date on the portal to ensure you receive any updates.
6. REPORTS AND CERTIFICATES – Progress reports are given out at the end of Terms 2 and 4 in paper form This is a great way for students and parents to gauge progress and see where they can improve. Parents also have the opportunity to spend 5 minutes discussing their child’s progress with the teacher during the last lesson in each Term. Our teachers also nominate their best students for 3 important awards at the end of each year.
7. DISCOUNTS – Students who are learning two or more instruments, students taking hour lessons or families with two or more children attending lessons, are entitled to a 5% discount on the second, third, etc student fees. What this means is the first student would pay normal fees and then subsequent student would be entitled to the 5% discount.
8. REFUNDS – NO refunds are given on school payments, however alternate lesson options can be considered. Credits, refunds and payment plans can only be authorised by the School Administrators.
9. MARKETING POLICY - Students and parents photos/details may be used for social media and marketing purposes. We will ask your permission first before any photographs or videos are taken in any circumstance.
Band Program Terms And Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY.
By joining the Sound Centre Band Program you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below.
1. PAYMENT – Payment for the entire term is due prior to the commencement of the band program. If fees are not paid on the due date, a $70.00 administration fee is applicable.
2. ABSENTEES & CANCELLATIONS - Absences may not mean that the session is cancelled, and the session may not be able to be rescheduled. In the event that a band member is absent from a session, the instructor will attempt to provide practice materials and recordings of the session to the best of their ability. If two or more band members cancel a session with more than 24 hours notice, or if the instructor must cancel the session, the session will be re-scheduled at no additional cost.
3. WITHDRAWALS – Withdrawal from the band program during a term can be disruptive to the other members of the band, and we require band members to comit to each term that they enrol in. Band members are assumed to be reenroling after the end of each term, and explicit notice of withdrawal via email must be given prior to the end of the current term. Failure to provide sufficient notice will incur a withdrawal fee of 20% of the term's fees. While we understand that schedules and situations may change, we ask enrolees to consider comiting to the program for a year in order to get the most out of the program.
4. REFUNDS - Refunds can not be issued once a term has commenced. Missed sessions that are set to be rescheduled cannot be refunded instead. In the event that unforeseen circumenstances require a withdrawal from the band program, credit can be issued for private lessons at the Sound Centre School of Music.